Hallite is committed to high standards of health and safety across its business activities. We are proud of our good safety record due in large part to a strong health and safety management system, employee involvement and continued monitoring of our performance. Our Company business strategy ensures that suitable financial support is readily available to enable us to progress our health and safety objectives: – continued compliance with safety regulations and internal procedures, minimum inspection scores of 95% in all areas and maintenance of OHSAS 18001 certification.
Statement of Intent
- Hallite Seals International Limited recognises its duty under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 to ensure the health, safety and welfare of its employees, visitors and all other persons who may be affected by its activities, and considers health and safety to be of equal importance to any other function of the company and its business activities.
- Management of health and safety is the first priority of all directors, managers and other employees and is an integral element of the Business Plan and other resource policies.
- The Company will comply with all relevant occupational health and safety regulations, requirements and standards as a minimum with the intention of achieving best practice where possible.
- The Company will actively seek to eliminate the risk of injury and promote safe working practices through documented and maintained management principles. Risk assessments and risk control procedures will be applied to all routine and non-routine activities to ensure that all hazards are effectively controlled.
- The health and safety objectives of this company are:
- To seek continuous improvement in all areas by integrating safety objectives with operational objectives supported by risk assessment, risk reduction and the implementation of preventative measures;
- To actively reduce accident / incident levels and to aspire to a target of zero lost time accidents
- To empower staff to work safely and efficiently through the provision of adequate information, instruction, training and supervision and to create individual responsibility for health and safety at all levels.
- To foster and maintain a positive health and safety culture at all levels within the company
- The Company is committed to achieving these objectives. It will provide sufficient skilled and competent staff, and monetary support to enable the full implementation of this policy and allow individuals to discharge their responsibilities properly.
- The Company will regularly monitor its performance against set targets through departmental inspection and review of the Safety Management System to evaluate its continued effectiveness and suitability.
- The Company will control the activity of any outside contractors when on Company premises through appropriate selection procedures and routine supervision. All contractors must comply with all relevant safety legislation and local safety rules, and must provide all appropriate safety documentation as requested.
- This company is committed to consultation and co-operation between management and employees, and will regularly consult with elected employee safety representatives (Trades Union and RoES), safety committee members and employees regarding health and safety.
- The Company will publicise all relevant information internally via notice boards and the intranet, and externally via the website.
- This policy will be subject to periodic review to evaluate its continued compliance, relevance and effectiveness in light of evolution within the business and significant changes in OH&S legislation.
Divisional Managing Director
Fenner Advanced Sealing Technologies