Characteristics and performance
Hallite backups are manufactured from high quality thermoplastic polyester elastomer (TPE). This tough material is long wearing with very good abrasion resistance in both dynamic and static applications and improved extrusion resistance compared to standard urethane or NBR backups. It has high temperature capabilities up to 275°F (135°C) along with a broad range of fluid compatibility including water based fluids.
• Highly extrusion resistant material
• Wide temperature range
• Suitable for use in water based fluids
• Most AS568 sizes available
• Metric sizes available
Polyester backup rings are available coloured orange as standard. Other colours are available on request. Hallite also offers back ups in PTFE, polyurethane, and 90 IRHD nitrile rubber. Please contact your local Hallite sales office for further information.Ask an expert
* Max pressure stated is dependant on the material variant selected. Please consult the datasheet for further information.
- Not suitable
* For fluid types marked as possible, please call our team of experts on +44 208 941 2244 to talk through your requirements and determine if this seal is the most suitable for your needs.
|Fluids based on mineral oil
|HFB (60/40 invert emulsion)
|HFC (water glycol)
|Other fluid types
|HFD (Phosphate ester ARYL Type)
|Synthetic esters (HEES, HFDU)